Fostering meaningful and effective conversations between financial professionals, their clients and the next generation is vitally important to a family’s long-term financial well-being, legacy planning, as well as the long-term health of the client-advisor relationship. Dyalogues™’ programs aim to provide a springboard for value-oriented intergenerational conversations to occur, particularly in the navigation of life-altering illnesses/end of life planning and in preparing for significant life transitions.
What are you doing to broaden the conversation and deepen your connection with your clients?
Think about a time you experienced loss. What was it like? When you wanted to talk about it, were people able to listen? Really listen? What would it be like if your Investment Counselors could be the person to give clients permission to speak about what is uncomfortable?
EXPAND DEATH LITERACY
- By expanding death literacy, you’ll be able to skillfully and compassionately support those who come to you with end-of-life concerns.
- Understand important documents and terminology including how and when they are most useful.
- Become familiar with the end of life healthcare landscape and how to recognize when clients may benefit from specialized support. (Please see “Individual and Families” Services for more details).
GET COMFORTABLE WITH THE UNCOMFORTABLE
- Train and support Investment Counselors in becoming comfortable with the uncomfortable.
- Become leaders in opening courageous conversations.
- Engage with ease in meaningful value-oriented end-of-life conversations.
- Reduce stress and stigma around end-of-life conversations for all parties.
INVITE CLIENTS & AND THEIR FAMILIES INTO THE CONVERSATION
- Develop a communication plan and tool kit to help clients and their loved ones engage in end-of-life discussions that increase peace of mind.
- Reduce the risk of family discord, resentment, or conflict due to disagreement and confusion.
- Create natural opportunities to engage family members across generations.